When you’re buying a house, there’s a lot you need to consider. Is the space right for you? Does the home need to be renovated? Can you afford to pay the mortgage every month?
One other important thing that you shouldn’t lose track of is making sure that the property is free of dangerous mold growth. Spots that are liable to collect mold are those where water has accumulated. Once a mold growth starts, it’s liable to spread quickly and become difficult to remove. Mold can cause respiratory problems and allergic reactions, so you want to make sure it’s taken care of before you move in.
That’s where professional mold inspection in Portland, OR enters the picture. A qualified and trained inspector will help identify where any problem spots might be. Let’s go over the basics of mold inspection before you sign your name on the dotted line:
- Ventilation: Vents, especially in the bathroom and laundry areas, should go directly outdoors. Sometimes these vents instead circulate moist air into other indoor spaces like ceilings, floors and crawl spaces. This makes the collection of moisture—and therefore, the growth of mold—much more likely.
- Carpets: Checking the carpets is crucial to knowing whether the house has a mold issue. Look for wet spots and water stains as telltale signs of mold growth. Once moisture is introduced to carpet, it’s liable to become a mold hotspot.
- Indoor water sources: If the home includes large, unusual indoor water bodies—such as a hot tub or a large aquarium—this could mean that mold is growing. These features can be sources of high indoor humidity.
- Slope: If the building lot slopes toward the house, this could be a problem. This makes it much more likely that water will seep into and collect in the basement or foundation. The result is the growth of mold due to the invading water.
- Leaky roof: Take a good look through the attic to see if there are any leaks, or if there’s evidence of leaks having been there in the past. These can be sources of hidden mold growth.
It’s important to use the best services for mold inspection in Portland, OR. Active Mold Control LLC is a proud local and family-owned business that has earned the respect of its customers. We offer a wide variety of reasonably priced services related to mold control and removal. We help people learn about mold and how to take steps to prevent it. We firmly believe that, with the right information and the proper course of action, mold problems can be solved quickly and for the long term.
For almost four decades, we’ve served the region providing mold cleanup operations in Northwest Oregon and Southwest Washington. We’ve accumulated the knowledge and experience necessary to tackle any job, big or small. Furthermore, we have a solid background in environmental consultation, moisture management, building decontamination and hazardous waste disposal. Call us today to learn more about our services and get a free quote!
Categorised in: Mold Inspection
This post was written by Writer