Mold growth in and around your house or place of business is one of the last things you ever want to have to deal with. Not only is it dangerous to your health, but safely getting rid of the mold and ensuring it doesn’t come back requires the help of professionals. Keep reading to learn about mold remediation in Portland, OR and what we can do for you if mold ever grows in your home or office. Here’s a closer look at our process:
- Repair the source of the problem: Mold can grow for several reasons, but it’s usually the result of a leak somewhere in the plumbing system. If that’s the case, we start by stopping the leak to make sure there isn’t any further damage and so that the mold can’t spread.
- Isolate the affected area: Mold can spread surprisingly quickly, especially when mold spores become airborne. To prevent spores in the air from getting into different rooms in your building, we seal off the room where the mold growth started.
- Remove everything that’s wet: After we’ve sealed the room, we have to take everything that was wet outside. This includes carpeting, furniture, rugs and even pieces of the drywall. This large task should only be handled by professionals.
- Properly dispose of wet materials: Experts trained in mold remediation in Portland, OR know what to do with all of the moldy, wet stuff. After all, it can’t just be tossed in the garbage once it’s removed from your home.
- Clean the area: After we’ve taken everything outside and ensure it’s been disposed of properly, we get to work cleaning the affected area. Our professionals use powerful cleaning solutions to ensure that the mold is killed. After that, we apply more solutions to ensure it stays dead and doesn’t grow back.
- Dry the area: Mold can only grow back if there’s excess moisture present. To ensure no moisture is left in your affected area, we bring in powerful fans and heaters to totally dry the space.
- Check for any more mold: After all of that, one wouldn’t think mold could possibly grow back, but you can never be too sure. That’s why we double check the area after all of the steps have been completed. If one of our technicians spots any mold, we go back and repeat the process again.
Why do you need mold remediation?
Although it can be a tiring job, mold remediation has to be performed if you want to live or work in a safe and healthy environment. If mold is left untreated for too long, it can have serious health effects on everyone in the space. Those with allergies are particularly vulnerable.
How long does it take?
The timetable from beginning to end depends entirely on how big the affected area is and how bad the mold growth has gotten. But on average, a typical remediation job takes between one and five days.
If you’ve noticed mold anywhere in your home or office, give Active Mold Control LLC a call for mold remediation in Portland, OR. Our experts are some of the best in the business, so you can trust we’ll be on the scene as soon as possible to remove any mold and make your space usable again.
Categorised in: Mold Remediation
This post was written by Writer