How Mold in Your Home May Be Effecting Your Health

October 5, 2016 1:48 am Published by Leave your thoughts

Finding mold on pipes, under the kitchen sink or in the dark corners of your basement can leave any homeowner feeling uneasy with the fact that their home has been invaded by this fungus. Mold can be found in any environment, regardless of the season. Mold is usually not a problem indoors, but sometimes mold spores can land on a damp or wet spot and rapidly begin to grow.

This can commonly occur in damp environments that may not receive enough ventilation, including basements and showers. Inhaling or touching these mold spores can be hazardous to the health of you or your loved ones. Individuals who suffer from allergies or asthma are especially susceptible to the effects of mold and will want to seek a professional for mold removal in Portland, OR immediately.

Potential health issues caused by mold

Mold produces a variety of allergens, irritants and toxins that could negatively impact your health. The reaction depends greatly on how much mold one is exposed to, their age, possible sensitivities or any pre-existing allergies.

There are a variety of symptoms that may arise from mold exposure. Those who have touched or inhaled mold spores may experience a variety of symptoms, including sneezing, runny nose, nasal congestion, skin rash, watery eyes and itching.

Anyone who is allergic to mold can experience even more serious symptoms, including wheezing, shortness of breath and chest tightness. A medical test can easily determine whether you are allergic to mold. Typically, they are conducted by testing the skin or blood. Skin tests are often more reliable than blood tests, as they provide more comprehensive results quickly. Plus, they are less expensive than blood tests, which can cost hundreds of dollars, on top of taking approximately two weeks to determine the results.

Infectious diseases caused by mold

Mold can be much more deadly than just experiencing some sneezing. People with weakened immune systems or currently partaking in immune-suppressing drug treatment could even find themselves suffering from an infectious disease. Exposure to mold could not only further compromise the immune system, but may also affect the skin, eyes, lungs and other vital organs.

Contact a professional for mold removal in Portland, OR

Exposure to mold isn’t the end of the world, unless you have asthma, pre-existing allergies or currently have a compromised immune system. That being said, anyone who experiences persistent symptoms should seek the help of a medical professional as soon as possible for testing and treatment.

The next step is to contact a professional for mold removal in Portland, OR. The professionals at Active Mold Control, LLC have been providing mold inspection, testing and removal service to the northwest Oregon and southwest Washington areas since 2006. Our team of professionals has received extensive training in not only identifying the problem, but from preventing it from re-occurring. The staff at Active Mold Control, LLC will ensure that the health of you and your loved ones isn’t threatened by the effects of mold. Call us today to schedule an initial consultation.

Categorised in:

This post was written by Writer

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *