Mold is a common fungus that can wreak havoc in your home. Beyond its unpleasant appearance and smell, it can also cause allergic reactions and asthma. Homeowners want to steer clear of mold and prevent it wherever possible.
That’s why it’s a sound practice to regularly check places mold commonly grows in Portland, OR. Mold is likely to grow wherever moisture builds up in the home. Read on to find out the spots where mold could be growing in your home, then reach out to the experts to conduct a test and inspection:
- Basements: This is the most common spot for mold to grow. The combination of the humid underground air and concrete floors makes ideal conditions for mold growth. Inspect the basement often to find problem spots, and consider using a dehumidifier.
- Showers and bathtubs: These areas are often damp, so it’s not surprising that mold will propagate here. You can do a number of things to ensure that you head off a serious mold bloom before it starts, including adding a bathroom fan, wiping down the shower after every use and keeping the entire bathroom clean.
- Floor mats: These are handy for wiping excess moisture off your shoes or boots when you come into the home, but when you do so, you’re liable to spread that moisture, allowing mold to grow. Rinse the mats regularly and allow them to dry before putting them back by the door.
- Under wallpaper and drywall: Mold isn’t only in places you can see. Mold is also liable to hide behind the wallpaper. One way to prevent this is to wipe down the walls regularly and inspect the seams on the floors and ceilings for signs of mold.
- Beneath the sink: Mold likes to spread in humid environments, so right under the kitchen sink is a common spot. Inspect this area for condensation and plumbing leaks, and make sure to wipe the interior of the cabinet beneath the sink with bleach or hydrogen peroxide to prevent mold spread.
- Toothbrush holder: Here’s one you may not have considered before. Toothbrush holders are convenient, but the excess water from brushing your teeth tends to collect in them. To keep this from happening, clean the holder regularly to prevent the buildup of mold.
Finished inspecting the common areas to check for mold in your home in Portland, OR? It’s time to get the help you need. For 15 years, Active Mold Control LLC has been inspecting, testing and removing mold and mildew in homes around the region. Our team of experts has extensive experience with a wide range of mold issues.
You know that mold can pose a serious problem to your family’s respiratory health. The professionals at Active Mold Control LLC will do a thorough inspection and test your home for mold spores and mildew. Our comprehensive inspection includes a moisture test for damp areas where molds are most commonly found. To speak with a mold prevention expert in Portland, OR, please get in touch with us today by calling 503-699-2910.
Categorised in: Mold Inspection
This post was written by Writer