Mold growing in your home can be a serious problem. There are many health risks involved with mold exposure, and if untreated, mold will continue to spread over surfaces or furniture, posing even larger problems. If you suspect that you have mold in your home—whether because you’ve physically seen it, you’ve had problems with water leakage or you’re having health symptoms associated with mold—you should call for mold inspection and mold testing in Portland, OR as soon as possible.
The process of mold inspection and testing is relatively simple and doesn’t require much action on your part. Once you call a mold inspector like Active Mold Control LLC, we’ll come to your home to conduct a thorough inspection. Usually, these inspections take about 30 minutes to complete. There are a few steps that we take during the process of inspection and mold testing in Portland, OR:
- Discussion of problems: To start, we will discuss with you either over the phone during your initial call or in person the reasons you believe there is mold in the home. We will likely ask about previous mold growth, current problems and things that you have noticed concerning mold growth, such as high humidity levels, odors, visible signs of mold or any noticeable signs of water leaks. Be prepared to answer questions about these things during our initial discussion.
- Visual inspection: Next, we will conduct a walk-through of the home and look for any visible signs of mold growth or areas that may cause mold problems, like broken and leaking pipes or very humid basement areas. We will likely perform tests for moisture and humidity in areas where mold is common, like the kitchen and basement.
- Sampling: If we detect any visible mold growth, we may collect samples of the mold to test. There are different types of mold samples, such as bulk (which uses a piece of the infected area), swab (in which a cotton swab is rubbed on the area) or tape (which uses a piece of clear tape to pick up mold spores). We may also collect air samples to detect for mold spores that aren’t visible in the area.
- Mold testing: All of the samples of mold we collect will be sent to a laboratory. Once there, the samples will be analyzed by professionals to determine what kind of mold is growing and the number of spores that were in the infected area. Different kinds of mold may pose different risks, so it’s important to identify them through testing.
- Reporting: Finally, once the inspection and sample testing is complete, we will provide you with a complete report of the results. In this report, we will offer suggestions for next steps in mold removal, as well as cost estimates.
As you can see, the process for mold inspection and testing is relatively simple and requires very little work from you. We will inspect your home thoroughly to identify any problem areas, test any samples we collect and report in full to you, helping you determine what the next best move might be.
If you need mold inspection and mold testing in Portland, OR, don’t hesitate to call the professionals at Active Mold Control LLC. Our experts have over 30 years of combined experience in mold inspection, testing, removal and prevention. Contact us today to get help in removing mold in your home for good!
Categorised in: Mold Testing Services
This post was written by Writer