Is mold making a home for itself in your house? Most people think that mold isn’t a problem in their home, but due to the damp climate here in Portland, mold is much more likely to be present in your home than you might think. The truth is that mold can and will grow just about anywhere there’s enough moisture, which can mean between your walls, under your carpet and virtually anywhere else between your attic and your basement.
Mold is sometimes hard to detect and hard to get rid of, and it can be a serious health risk, causing allergy symptoms and even severe illnesses or seizures. So how do you know if mold is lurking in your home? Below are five signs that you may need to get a mold tester in Portland, OR to check your home for mold:
- A musty smell: If you close your windows and you can smell a musty or moldy smell, this may be a sign of mold growth. Most people smell mold long before they ever see the tiny spores starting to grow. If your home has a musty odor that doesn’t seem to go away, you may want to have your home tested.
- Your indoor allergies are acting up: As mentioned above, mold can cause allergy symptoms such as coughing, sneezing, watery or itchy eyes or difficulty breathing. If you’re experiencing an increase in any of these symptoms while indoors, it may be a sign that you have mold starting to grow in your home.
- Your pet gets sick: Quite often, pets tend to get sick from mold before people do. If you notice that your household pet is getting sick frequently from an unknown cause, mold growing inside your home may be the culprit.
- You’ve recently had a flood or a water leak: When a flood or water leak occurs, it can be nearly impossible to completely dry out your home before mold spores begin to grow. If you’ve had a flood or a water leak in your home, you may want to hire a mold tester in Portland, OR to check your home for the presence of mold.
- Cold symptoms that just won’t go away: Sometimes allergy symptoms aren’t the only signs that mold is in the home. Mold can cause other symptoms that resemble cold symptoms, such as a sore throat, sinus infection, headaches and coughing. If your family is going through a round of colds that you just can’t seem to get rid of, it may not actually be a cold. Mold might be the real culprit.
If you notice any of these five signs of mold, call for a mold tester in Portland, OR right away. You don’t want to wait until the problem gets worse or put your family’s health at risk. At Active Mold Control LLC, we specialize in the detection and expert removal of mold. To schedule an appointment, give us a call today. We look forward to helping you!
Categorised in: Mold Testing Services
This post was written by Writer