Seven Steps We Take for Mold Remediation in Portland, ORDecember 6, 2016 1:30 am Leave your thoughts
Mold isn’t just unsightly and gross—moldy areas in your home or office can also cause serious health problems. In large amounts, mold can potentially lead to allergic reactions and breathing problems. The problem with mold is that it can spread quickly if left untreated, and it’s often present in hidden areas like behind walls or in your HVAC system. Here are the first actions you should take to begin seeking out mold remediation in Portland, OR:
- Call your insurance provider: Before we begin our mold remediation process, you need to contact your homeowner’s insurance provider to let them know you’re going to need mold remediation. Mold remediation can be expensive, and you may need to file an insurance claim to help cover the costs.
- Call us: After you’ve established that you have a problem and you’ve let your insurance provider know about it, call Active Mold Control LLC. We’ll come out ASAP to get to work on mold remediation in Portland, OR.
After you’ve contacted us, we’ll take care of the rest! Here are the steps we’ll take to fix your mold problem:
- Repair the water problem: Mold growth often results from a leaking pipe or other source of water, like a bathtub or sink. If this is the case, we’ll work to get that fixed up in order to prevent any further mold growth.
- Isolate the area: Mold spores in the air can spread quickly. To prevent them from getting all over the house, we’ll isolate the contaminated room or area.
- Remove wet stuff: Everything that’s wet or damp in the area needs to be removed from the room. This includes furniture, rugs and carpeting, and even pieces of drywall. This is a big task, which is why we recommend calling us to handle it for you.
- Ensure proper disposal: Since mold is dangerous stuff, anything we take out of the room can’t just be tossed in the garbage can. Rest assured that we’ll properly dispose of everything that was subjected to mold.
- Clean the area: After everything has been removed, we’ll come in and thoroughly clean the affected area. We use powerful cleaning supplies to kill the mold, and then apply solutions to ensure that it doesn’t grow back.
- Dry the area: After we’ve cleaned the entire affected area and treated it with solution to prevent further growth, we’ll bring in powerful fans and heaters to completely get rid of all the excess moisture. Mold can’t grow without moisture, so we need to make sure the area is completely dry.
- Check for any more mold: After we’ve completed the previous steps, we’ll come back into the room and spot check for any growth that we could have missed. If we notice more mold, we’ll have to repeat the steps.
No matter how big or small the problem seems, if you notice mold growing in your home or place of business, call Active Mold Control LLC for mold remediation in Portland, OR. Our removal experts will take care of the problem as soon as possible, and ensure that the mold doesn’t come back anytime soon.
Categorised in: Mold Remediation
This post was written by Writer